The below books explain why people view reality differently. What causes them to think differently. Understanding why people think a certain way can help engage with them.
- A Conflict of Visions: Ideological Origins of Political Struggles by Thomas Sowell
- Blind Spots: Why We Fail to Do What's Right and What to Do about It by Max H. Bazerman, Ann E. Tenbrunsel
- Moral Tribes: Emotion, Reason, and the Gap Between Us and Them by Joshua D. Greene
- How Emotions Are Made: The Secret Life of the Brain by Lisa Feldman Barrett
- Race And Culture: A World View by Thomas Sowell
- Rule Makers, Rule Breakers: Tight and Loose Cultures and the Secret Signals that Direct Our Lives by Michele Gelfand