This is an alphabetical version. For a subjective ranked version see: Ranked: How Does Digital Technology Modify Society?
This is a list of books that discuss how society responds to technological changes.
- The Age of Surveillance Capitalism: The Fight for a Human Future at the New Frontier of Power by Shoshana Zuboff
- The Attention Merchants: The Epic Scramble to Get Inside Our Heads by Tim Wu
- Everybody Lies: Big Data, New Data, and What the Internet Can Tell Us About Who We Really Are by Seth Stephens-Davidowitz
Consequences and Changes:
- Artificial Intelligence: A Guide for Thinking Humans by Melanie Mitchell
- Life After Google: The Fall of Big Data and the Rise of the Blockchain Economy by George Gilder
- Curious: The Desire to Know and Why Your Future Depends on It by Ian Leslie
- Education in the Digital Age: How We Get There by Nadav Zeimer
The Legal Perspective:
- Patent Failure: How Judges, Bureaucrats, and Lawyers Put Innovators at Risk by James Bessen , Michael Meurer
- Against Intellectual Monopoly by Michele Boldrin, and David K. Levine
- Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup by John Carreyrou