This is an alphabetical version. For a subjective ranked version see: Ranked: How Does Data Get Use, And Misused?
This is a list about data. Its use, misuse, and how it becomes interpreted.
- Silencing the Past: Power and the Production of History by Michel-Rolph Trouillot
- Against the Gods: The Remarkable Story of Risk by Peter L. Bernstein
- Are We Smart Enough to Know How Smart Animals Are? by Frans de Waal
- Everybody Lies: Big Data, New Data, and What the Internet Can Tell Us About Who We Really Are by Seth Stephens-Davidowitz
- Life After Google: The Fall of Big Data and the Rise of the Blockchain Economy by George Gilder
- The Limits to Growth: The 30-Year Update by Donella H. Meadows, Dennis L. Meadows, Jørgen Randers
- Mastering 'metrics: The Path from Cause to Effect by Joshua D. Angrist, Jörn-Steffen Pischke
- Models.Behaving.Badly.: Why Confusing Illusion with Reality Can Lead to Disaster, on Wall Street and in Life by Emanuel Derman
- Theory and Reality: An Introduction to the Philosophy of Science by Peter Godfrey-Smith
- The Age of Surveillance Capitalism: The Fight for a Human Future at the New Frontier of Power by Shoshana Zuboff
- Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup by John Carreyrou
- Data and Goliath: The Hidden Battles to Collect Your Data and Control Your World by Bruce Schneier
- Red Famine: Stalin's War on Ukraine by Anne Applebaum