Below are books that discusses rent, short for economic rent. Rent-seeking being the activity to obtain rent. Lucre being a more apt word to describe what rent is.
- The Price of Inequality: How Today's Divided Society Endangers Our Future by Joseph E. Stiglitz
- Progress and Poverty by Henry George
- Rents, Rent-Seeking and Economic Development edited by Mushtaq H. Khan and Jomo K. S
- The Rent-Seeking Society by Gordon Tullock
- Why Nations Fail: The Origins of Power, Prosperity, and Poverty by Daron Acemoğlu, James A. Robinson